4 Reasons why FAMA is the school for you:
1. TEACHERS HAVE SOUND SUBJECT MASTERY AND PEDAGOGY
Teachers are not only selected based on their mastery of instrument (Diplomas, Degree, Masters) but also by their ability to teach. Hence, FAMA teachers are expected to impart to you proper knowledge and technique with rigour, whether you are learning for leisure or for examination. FAMA also has a great sharing culture and the Master Teachers often mentor the Junior Teachers. As Teachers grow, students grow too. See our Faculty.
2. STRUCTURED COURSES
We believe in incorporating Aural and Theory up till grade 5 as the lessons are more holistic. In addition, we would encourage extra classes for theory, aural (aural boosters) if the students require more time. We strongly encourage all examination candidates to do an exam presentation or mock exam in the FAMA exam room so that they are more psychologically prepared too.
3. CONSISTENT GOOD RESULTS
Our results have been consistently high in merits and distinctions. Our wind results have been outstanding at average of 99% Merits & Distinctions. We let the results speak for itself. You can see FAMA's results here.
4. OPPORTUNITIES FOR FURTHER GROWTH (E.G. PERFORMANCE, MASTERCLASSES)
FAMA has many opportunities for all ages and all instruments to have a chance to grow further. This includes our yearly FAMA Winter Concert, Ensemble Camps, Biennial Flute Festival etc. We are also the choice dealer for many top woodwind manufacturers and we often invite to give talk and repairs in Singapore. For more current events, see here.
WHY WE ARE THE BEST WOODWIND SCHOOL IN SINGAPORE
- We are able to provide the instruments (Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Saxophone and Bassoon) in class for the first two trial lessons for all winds. That means that you can try the first few lessons without committing to buying the instrument.
- We offer rental of the instruments: Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Oboe & Bassoon.
- We carry a wide range of woodwind instruments and accessories from beginner to professional range [Nuvo, Yamaha, Muramatsu, Miyazawa, Sankyo, Jupiter, Yanagisawa, Selmer Paris, Marigaux, Loree, Josef, Buffet, Vandoren, BG France, KGE, Korg, Puchner, Schreibe, Fox etc..]
- Our instruments are vetted by technicians before sale and we can advise on the repair when necessary.
- We can advise on how to care for your woodwind.
- We have prestigious woodwind teachers with us, including teachers who are Singapore Symphony Orchestra musicians. Hence we can offer beginner to professional lessons.
- We make learning in 5 Easy Steps (See Below)
- In short, we are the ONLY WOODWIND SPECIALIST who takes care of your woodwind needs with quality products and education under one roof in Singapore: Convenient, Fun and with Results.